Website Waste Management
Teamwork, Respect, & Loyalty
Real Jobs, Real Green! Consider a career with Waste Management!
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. Get your foot in the door to an awesome future with Waste Management. Grow your career! Grow your network! Grow with Waste Management! We are hiring a CDL Driver Truck (Experienced Residential) Freeport, FL (18017194)!
Residential Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of residential household waste or recyclable material. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Driver safely maneuvers vehicle in residential environments. Navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
· Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
· Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
· Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
· Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
· Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
· Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
· Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
· Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
· Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
· Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
· Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
When you are a part of the Waste Management family, you join a team of the best in the industry – professional, well trained, and skilled. Our employees earn a competitive pay, great benefits – including a 401K plan, and opportunities for growth.
If you or someone you know has what it takes to join the Waste Management family, please apply today.
Waste Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
To apply for this job please visit wmtalent.taleo.net.