Website Waste Management
Teamwork, Respect, & Loyalty
Real Jobs, Real Green! Consider a career with Waste Management!
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. Get your foot in the door to an awesome future with Waste Management. Grow your career! Grow your network! Grow with Waste Management! We are hiring a Gas Technician I (19001137) in Ferris, TX!
This position reports to the Gas Operations Manager and is responsible for the operation and maintenance of landfill gas collection and control systems (GCCS). The GCCS consists of a series of extraction points known as wells, interconnected via piping. The collected gas is transported using gas conveyance equipment (such as a fan or blower). Landfill gas (LFG) collected by this extraction system from the landfill’s wellfield is combusted within a flare. Proper operation of the GCCS is required to comply with various State and Federal environmental regulations.
The individual must have the ability to work independently without direct supervision. An individual must be able to perform the following essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and vary by location.
· Properly operate and maintain GCCS in a timely and cost-effective manner to ensure regulatory compliance and optimize performance.
o GCCS operation and maintenance includes:
o Calibrate, operate and maintain sensitive electronic data collection devices necessary to optimize LFG collection from the wellfield.
o Collect and manage data entry from wellfield extraction and environmental monitoring locations.
o Implement the GCCS preventative maintenance plan.
o Operate and maintain liquid management system pneumatic or electric driven pumps (troubleshoot and determine liquid levels within liquid containment structures and or LFG collection wells).
o Perform wellfield valve/vacuum adjustments, data collection and maintenance; interpret data
· Use Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) or High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) piping materials and associated equipment to perform maintenance on piping materials.
· Complete the WM Landfill Gas Technician I Training.
· Develop basic understanding of environmental regulations related to GCCS operations and develop the ability to work within an environmentally regulated industry.
· Follow job related health and safety requirements and procedures
· Available for on-call response to GCCS related malfunction event(s).
When you are a part of the Waste Management family, you join a team of the best in the industry – professional, well trained, and skilled. Our employees earn a competitive pay, great benefits – including a 401K plan, and opportunities for growth.
If you or someone you know has what it takes to join the Waste Management family, please apply today.
Waste Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
To apply for this job please visit wmtalent.taleo.net.