Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Serves as the first point of contact for customers depositing waste at a Waste Management Facility; calculates payments, checks loads, and ensures the safety of the customer and other employees through observation of safety rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Greets customers, directs customers and other traffic, and answers questions accurately.
• Correctly calculates payments for customers.
• Ensures that incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain any inappropriate material.
• Ensures that customers and employees conduct all business in a safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Provides general upkeep of the Scale House.
• Completes all administrative tasks including regular filing, and completes required reports.
• Keeps immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
• Attends company sponsored training and meetings as directed.
• Works overtime as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned, including data entry and minor customer service responsibilities.
• Approaches all encounters with employees, customers and vendors in a friendly, service oriented manner.
• Work Schedule: PART TIME, Thursday and Friday 7:30am-5:30pm, Saturday 8:30am-5:30pm, must be open to working other shifts as needed
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
• Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D (accredited)
• Experience: Experience with cash handling, taking credit card payments and doing cash deposits.
• Need to have experience being customer-facing in a fast-paced environment
• High attention to detail needed and computer skills to run reports
• Must have reliable transportation to run cash deposits at end of shift (mileage reimbursed)
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click “Apply.” https://careers.wm.com/jobs/scalehouse-attendant-7995