Systems Engineer (CSE) works with Account Managers to develop and drive Iron Bow Technologies professional service opportunities. This position is remote from anywhere in the DC Metro area. Experience supporting commercial customers highly preferred. Must have strong Cisco knowledge.
- Initiate and lead professional services sales strategy discussions and generate plans for implementation in accordance with territory objectives.
- Provide technical strategic leadership to customers within Commercial organizations in assigned territory.
- Applies extensive knowledge of Iron Bow business strategies to proactively anticipate customer technical needs based on Commercial industry trends.
- Work with Account Manager(s) to drive identified major account opportunities i.e. technical consulting, management presentations, technology solutions – Information Security, Data Center & Virtualization, Network Infrastructure, Unified Communications and Client Computing.
- Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Provide high-level and detailed consultative solutions, technical and sales support for selected major account opportunities.
- Lead process to collect customer integration service needs and product requirements, develops business cases and drives account team to provide our customers with acceptable solutions.
- Provide leadership in knowledge of key products, technologies, solutions and partners. Drive the technology transfer into the field.
- Provide specific solutions/technology/ product consulting, technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory.
- Drive the development of formal sales plans, hardware configurations and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- Provide consultative support and mentor other less experienced Engineers at customer sites in assigned territory
Actively participate as a technical specialist in specific area as directed by CSE Manager. Must develop area of specialization.
- Architect, document and present solutions to clients
- Knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
- Understanding and communicate about Iron Bow and competitors, technologies, solutions, services strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Understand customer business requirements and be able to translate them into technical requirements.
- Develop Proposals and SOWs using standard Iron Bow templates Assisting account teams in effectively packaging, pricing, and presenting solution to customer.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Pre-Sales experience required.
- Commercial experience highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- Relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis desired.
- Experience with other leading OEMs desired.
- Should have experience working in the customer environment on a day-to-day basis, either as a consultant or as the user. We have found it is much more important to understand the customer than the technology.
- Should have a broad understanding of technology and the ability to consult with the customer regarding Data Center, Collaboration, Security, and Mobility requirements. Does not need to be an expert in these areas, just comfortable talking about them, asking questions and able to lead the development of solutions to meet those requirements.
- Preferred to have technical expertise in data center.
- Cloud hosted experience is preferred.
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment and able to assemble technical experts and drive them to develop solutions.
- Must be a professional that can work with minimal oversight, positive attitude, produces consistently high-quality results, and works well with others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent years of experience10-12 years-related experience
- 10-12 years pre-sales/ IT experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Cisco Certifications highly desirable
About 25% travel required for this position.
Iron Bow Technologies is a leading IT solution provider dedicated to successfully transforming technology investments into business capabilities for government, commercial and healthcare clients. Our depth of technical expertise, global reach & strategic partnerships with industry leaders as well as disruptive technology partners uniquely positions Iron Bow to target the right solution to ensure your successful business outcome. We partner with our clients from planning and implementation through ongoing maintenance and management to deliver solutions that are strong, flexible and on target.
Iron Bow Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.