An Iron Bow Consulting Systems Engineer works with Account Managers, partners and clients to develop and drive solutions that solve clients business and mission needs. The position requires 50% travel. Individual is preferred to have VA and/or DHA familiarity. Ideally this person would be located in greater Washington DC area
- Initiate and lead professional services sales strategy discussions and generate plans for implementation in accordance with territory objectives and client needs.
- Provide technical strategic leadership to customers within assigned territory.
- Applies extensive knowledge of Iron Bow business strategies to proactively anticipate customer technical needs based on industry trends.
- Work with Account Manager(s) to drive identified major account opportunities i.e. technical consulting, management presentations, technology solutions – Information Security, Data Center & Virtualization, Network Infrastructure, Unified Communications and Client Computing.
- Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Provide high-level and detailed consultative solutions, technical and sales support for selected major account opportunities.
- Lead process to collect customer integration service needs and product requirements, develops business cases and drives account team to provide our customers with acceptable solutions.
- Provide leadership in knowledge of key products, technologies, solutions and partners. Drive the technology transfer into the field.
- Provide specific solutions/technology/ product consulting, technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory.
- Drive the development of formal sales plans, hardware configurations and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- Provide consultative support and mentor other less experienced Engineers at customer sites in assigned territory.
- Actively participate as a technical specialist in specific area as directed by CSE Manager. Must develop area of specialization.
- Architect, document and present solutions to clients.
- Knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
- Understand and communicate about Iron Bow and competitors, technologies, solutions, services strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Understand customer business requirements and be able to translate them into technical requirements.
- Develop Proposals and SOWs using standard Iron Bow Templates Assisting account teams in effectively packaging, pricing, and presenting solution to customer
Additional duties as assigned.
- Pre-Sales experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- Experience with other leading OEMs desired.
- Should have experience working in the customer environment on a day-to-day basis, either as a consultant or as the user. We have found it is much more important to understand the customer than the technology.
- Broad understanding of technology and the ability to consult with the customer regarding Data Center, Collaboration, Security, and Mobility requirements. Does not need to be an expert in these areas, just comfortable talking about them, asking questions and able to lead the development of solutions to meet those requirements.
- Preferred to have strong familiarity Cisco solutions and offerings.
- Cloud hosted experience is preferred
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment and able to assemble technical experts and drive them to develop solutions.
- Must be a professional that can work with minimal oversight, positive attitude, produces consistently high-quality results, and works well with others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent years of experience.
- 10-12 years-related experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Cisco Certifications
Approximately 50% travel required for this position
Iron Bow Technologies is a leading IT solution provider dedicated to successfully transforming technology investments into business capabilities for government, commercial and healthcare clients. Our depth of technical expertise, global reach and strategic partnerships with industry leaders as well as disruptive technology partners uniquely positions Iron Bow to target the right solution to ensure your successful business outcome. We partner with our clients from planning and implementation through ongoing maintenance and management to deliver solutions that are strong, flexible and on target.
Iron Bow Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.