***Must Be Fluent in Cantonese- This position will require an individual who can speak and converse in Cantonese with the client***Punctuality, integrity, honesty and positive attitude are minimum requirements.***
Gentle Embrace Home Health Services is seeking energetic and accountable individuals that have a passion for caring for others. The ideal candidate will have compassion for improving the quality of the clients lives, be flexible, accountable, responsible, and on-time, and above all, maintain honesty and discretion for the clients and their families. Care will be provided for adults and seniors.
As a personal care assistant, you will be required to carry out individualized care plans, delegated by a Supervising Nurse, that detail tasks and duties based on the client’s needs. Instructions will be updated as frequently and as necessary depending on the client’s overall needs and improvement status.
Personal care assistant activities include, but are not limited to: personal care, activities of daily living, and instrumental activities of daily living, leisure activities, and companionship. All activities will be assigned by the Supervising Nurse and delegated within regulatory compliance of the Texas Board of Nursing in 22 TAC, Chapter 225.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting to Administrator any circumstances of client abuse, neglect, and, exploitation
- Performs delegated tasks by a Registered Nurse and follows care plan individualized by patient needs
- Effectively communicates with staff in regards to orders, reporting changes in patient condition, and emergency preparedness planning
- Recognizing client emergencies and knowledge of agency policy procedures
- Observation, reporting, and documentation of a client’s status and the care of service(s) furnished
- Follows infection control procedures and instruction on universal precautions
- Maintenance of a clean, safe, and healthy environment
- Respect for the client and his or her privacy and property
- ADL’s: Appropriate and safe techniques in personal hygiene that include:
- Bathing : Bed bath, sponge, tub, or shower
- Grooming : Nail and skin care, dressing, oral hygiene
- Elimination: Toileting
- Transfer: Safe techniques and ambulation
- Exercise: Normal range of motion and positioning
- Feeding: Adequate nutrition and fluid intake
- Medication Reminder: Assisting with self-administered medications
- G-tube: Assistance (if applicable)
- IADL’s (Instrumental activities of daily living):
- Meal Prep: Planning and preparing meals
- Housekeeping: Light housekeeping of client area
- Laundry : Linen changes and laundry
- Shopping : Grocery, clothing, etc.
- Transportation : Transporting client to doctors’ appointments
- Other Services (on a case-by-case basis):
- Pet Care
- Client Advocate
- Over-night sitting
- Client Recreational Activities
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 18 years of age or older
- Able to read and write English AND Cantonese and carry out directions
- Be on the Texas Department of Human Services’ (DHS’s) nurse aide registry with no finding against the aide relating to client abuse or neglect or misappropriation of client property
- Criminal background check, EMR and NAR search for employability verification
- BLS Certified – (CPR)
- High school graduate
- Preferred:Enrolled in a vocational educational program, and has demonstrated competency to perform the tasks assigned by the Supervising Nurse
- Must be proficient with computer software as it relates to electronic charting, timesheets, and documentation.
- Must have a smartphone with voice and data capabilities for web-based software access.
- Compassion for improving the quality of the clients’ lives
- Flexible, accountable, responsible, and on-time
- Honest and discreet
- Preferred: A minimum of one year full-time experience in direct client care in an institutional setting (hospital or nursing facility)
- Preferred: CNA Certified – Active Certified Nursing Assistance Certification
Benefits/Perks of the Job
- Covered Mileage
- Flexible schedule
- No Holidays required
- Monday-Friday 8 am-5pm hours
- Paid Training
- Worker’s comp.
- Work directly with the Administrator/Supervising Nurse
- Career Ladder opportunities
- Growth and opportunity!