Real Jobs, Real Green! Consider a career with Waste Management!
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. Get your foot in the door to an awesome future with Waste Management. Grow your career! Grow your network! Grow with Waste Management! We are hiring a Sr. Heavy Truck Mechanic (Evenings/GREAT Pay, Benefits & MORE!) in Lewisville, TX.
The Sr. Heavy Truck Mechanic performs preventive maintenance inspection (PMI); troubleshoots, repairs, and rebuilds major components on vehicles and equipment. Ensures accurate diagnosis and effective repair and/or replacement of components. As Lead on the Floor or Shift, provide guidance and training along with assisting other Mechanics as directed by the Fleet manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Immediately reports any discrepancies to the Fleet Manager.
- Ensures compliance with all fleet processes (e.g. parts ordering, scheduling, fleet prides, warranty capture)
- Provides feedback to Fleet Manager on performance and daily progress of activities
- Ensures timely and efficient functions within the shop.
- Performs periodic QCI inspections and ensures the timely and effective repair of any problems identified during an inspection.
- Provides assistance, guidance and direction to other maintenance personnel.
- Reviews and completes work orders on a daily basis.
- Provides guidance on daily work for Mechanics.
- Will occasionally direct work assignments to Mechanics
PM scheduling, review, schedule, sign PM’s, sign off others
- Reviews completed PM’s and applicable paperwork for other Mechanics
- Makes recommendations regarding scheduling and assigned tasks in accordance with business needs
- May be required to Lead safety meetings
- Assists with monitoring required WMU training for other Mechanics to ensure compliance
- Provide estimates on time and material costs for repairs and new parts.
- Orders and receives parts and supplies as needed.
- Performs proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately complex repair of assigned vehicles and equipment
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Advises Fleet manager immediately if additional work is needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Inspects the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles. Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Prioritize repairs / deficiencies, makes immediate decisions regarding out of service status, and determines repair priorities.
- In the absence of supervision, will provide maintenance supervisory duties.
- Ability to ensure and enforce all shop related safety protocol, (administer) – Follow and reinforce with others all safety processes and protocols
When you are a part of the Waste Management family, you join a team of the best in the industry – professional, well trained, and skilled. Our employees earn a competitive pay, great benefits – including a 401K plan, and opportunities for growth.
If you or someone you know has what it takes to join the Waste Management family, please apply today.
Waste Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran