Growing El Paso-based distributorship is seeking applicants for FULL TIME (32 hours) direct-store delivery driver (6am to 2pm, Mon-Thurs) for pre-packaged pastry distributor serving East & Central El Paso. Commission based pay! Route has growth potential to become full-time as driver and distributor grows accounts and sales.
As a Sales Route Driver, you will be responsible for delivering and/or unloading our products to customer locations on designated routes. This is an entry level position with on-the-job training provided. This is a fast-paced position that stocks the greatest bakery brands on shelves, displays and coffee bars of convenience stores across El Paso.
• MUST have experience as a DSD delivery driver
• MUST be available for work from 6AM to 2PM weekdays.
• Valid Texas driver’s license and an excellent driving history for the last three years. (Motor Vehicle Report will be reviewed)
• Ability to work in fast paced environment, lifting up to 50 lbs. of product repetitively
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must be self-motivated with a high degree of integrity and be able perform job duties with minimal supervision on a timely basis
• Past job performance must reflect dependability, initiative, professional demeanor, and the ability to exercise sound judgment
• Availability to work some weekends and/or some holidays.
• Due to insurance requirements, this position must be filled by someone at least 21 years
• Must submit to substance abuse screening, background check and reference check.
• Must be familiar with or have the ability to learn smart phone / tablet software for daily use.
• Must read / write English (bilingual preferred)
• Exercise safe practices and work environment
• Deliver, fill, merchandise, and rotate products at customer accounts
• Ensure the “look of success” appearance of all products
• Foster relationships with store management and personnel and provide superior customer service
• Ensure proper inventory of product, handling of cash and assets daily
• Drives delivery van over established route to deliver and sell products, collects money from customers, and makes change. • Drives truck to deliver pre-packaged bakery products to various business locations.
• Writes customer order and instructions.
• Records sales or deliveries information on daily sales or delivery record.
• Calls on prospective customers to solicit new business.
• Manages inventory with care according to planograms, expiration dates and rotations.
• Carefully loads and unloads inventory from company vehicle using safe lifting techniques.
• Informs regular customers of new products or services.
• Listens to and resolves service complaints.
• Places stock on shelves or racks.
• Set up merchandise and sales promotion displays or issue sales promotion materials to customers.
• Issue or obtain customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
• Occasionally clean inside of truck, perform routine maintenance on truck.
– Flexible work schedule
– Take home vehicle
– New Ford Transit van fleet with scheduled maintenance and routine service
– Employer provided tools, uniforms & equipment
– Worker’s compensation insurance
– W-2 paychecks with online access to paystubs, NOT CONTRACT LABOR
– GPS coordinated route scheduling
– Friendly co-workers and management staff
– Sales performance bonuses
– New account bonus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and smell.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs (independently and/or with equipment)
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.