GC Services is currently seeking motivated individuals for an Internal Auditor located at our Houston, TX location.
Responsible for testing, evaluating and reporting on GC Services’ compliance with Federal Consumer Financial laws and Company and client policies and procedures.
· Quickly obtain an understanding of business, IT and financial processes and controls through review of documentation and interviews of personnel;
· Design and update audit programs to test against company policies for compliance;
· Perform internal audits with minimal supervision;
· Identify, obtain, and manipulate data to select samples and testing;
· Assist in creating and maintaining audit plans to meet regulatory, company and client requirements;
· Document results of work performed, including audit support and findings, and assist in preparation of audit findings;
· Assist in evaluation of adequacy of management response to findings;
· Track and verify findings and remediation plans;
· Participate in special projects based on company needs;
· Meet deadlines in performance of all responsibilities;
· Alert manager of any material issues in a timely manner.
· Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or business administration or equivalent; may substitute work experience in lieu of education.
· 2-5 years relevant experience in audit or assurance.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Ability to maintain an objective and independent perspective;
· Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying or testing them;
· Ability to understand and apply concepts of risk and materiality;
· Ability to understand various perspectives and facts related to a circumstance;
· Ability to learn and apply new concepts;
· Experience in, and the ability to manage, working on multiple concurrent projects in a team environment;
· Ability to quickly obtain an understanding of processes, systems and controls;
· Ability to extract, evaluate and manipulate data sets and necessary information from internal systems;
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products, experience in advance database products is a plus;
· Effective verbal and written communication;
· Strong interpersonal, telephone and interview skills, including ability to obtain necessary information;
· Ability to maintain confidentiality;
· Detail oriented, self-sufficient, analytical, organized and able to work with limited oversight;
· Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
· Ability to travel based on audit needs (no more than 15% of the time).
Medical, Dental, 401(K)
Accrued Vacation/Sick Time
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Qualified applicants can apply online at: https://career.gcserv.com/PositionDescription/?JobID=1634.
GC Services is an equal opportunity employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet