GC Services is currently seeking motivated individuals for Security Analyst II at our Houston, TX office.
Under the limited supervision from Security Management and guidance from Senior Security Analysts, implements security measures to safeguard information and resources against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure. Tests security controls through internal compliance reviews to maintain validity of the data access environment. Respond to requests for creation or modification of system and application accounts. Assist in the management of departmental applications and systems for availability and compliance.
· Communicates and implements established physical, data and computer security policies and procedures.
· Assists in the establishment and documentation of new security policies and practices.
· Sets up secured access to facilities, equipment, network, systems and applications, and implements established access rules for data from validated management requirements. Assigns, resets, and maintains user logins and passwords.
· Confers with System Administrators to incorporate new software security into established SIEM and IDS/IPS systems.
· Assist with the coordination or implementation of recovery test plans to continue data access processing activities at offsite location in case of emergency, such as fire at main site.
· Develops and implements tests of computer systems to monitor effectiveness of security. May be required to assist in training.
· Reviews computer logs and messages to identify and report on possible violations of security to management. Documents internal investigations of possible security violations. May be required to talk with employees about security violations or provide security training.
· Responds to security incidents individually or as part of an incident response team.
· Executes security projects as directed by Security Management and reports on the status of these as required.
· Coordinates or assists with IT and Compliance audits. i.e., client or Regulatory.
· Participate in Security Group on-call rotation.
· Some travel to remote company sites may be required.
· College degree in Computer Science, Computer Security, Management Information or equivalent degrees. May substitute prior relevant work experience and certifications for formal degree.
· Training or experience in project management.
· 4 to 6 years or more years as a Security Administrator, Data Security Practitioner, or Systems Administrator.
· Experience implementing Security Policies and Procedures.
· Experience working with multiple projects simultaneously.
· Excellent communication and people skills required.
· 4 to 6 years ‘experience working with Windows and UNIX Servers, Networking components, Firewalls, MS File Shares or Email content filtering.
· IT and Compliance auditing skills.
· Scripting and Networking experience.
· Knowledge of physical access control systems. i.e., Card Key Access controls, Security Cameras, etc.
· Experience working with People Soft security, MS Active Directory and Exchange account administration, RSA Tokens, MDM applications.
· Experience configuring or working with IDS/IPS, Log Monitoring, Configuration Control systems or SIEM systems.
· Working in a team environment.
· Strong analytical ability.
Medical, Dental, 401(K)
Accrued Vacation/Sick Time
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Qualified applicants can apply online at: https://career.gcserv.com/PositionDescription/?JobID=1618 .
GC Services is an equal opportunity employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet