GC Services is currently seeking motivated individuals for Remittance Processing Clerk at our Houston, TX office.
Summary of Position:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, identifying, keying and balancing of payments, daily preparation of multiple deposits and balancing individual deposit totals to detailed report of input. Balancing, printing and preparing checks. Answering incoming calls; processing credit/debit card payments; data entry.
· Open, sort and identify mail.
· Bank verification of all checks over client specified verification limits.
· Post payment instruments to individual accounts.
· Create adding machine tape(s) on payment instruments.
· Process western union payments.
· Prepare bank deposit slip(s).
· Finalize all batches.
· Respond to all inquires.
· Print specific client autopay checks daily.
· Prepare manual letters, copy and mail payment instruments that cannot be processed.
· Forward payment instruments with special client requirements directly to client.
· Prepare notification of deposit letters manually when necessary.
· Answer telephones.
· Obtain from consumers and process debit/credit card payments.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Accounting classes a plus.
A minimum of 1 year experience in a business office environment is required.
Previous bookkeeping experience (with high-volume payment posting) a plus.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
Excel and Word experience is required.
Must have strong 10 key by touch skills and basic PC skills.
10 key by touch.
Attention to detail.
Ability to speak clearly.
Medical, dental and 401(k)
Accrued vacation/sick time
Tuition reimbursement program
Qualified applicants can apply online at: https://www.gcserv.com/www/Career/descriptionNext.asp?JobID=1604.
GC Services is an equal opportunity employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet