GC Services is currently seeking motivated individuals for Tax Manager at our Houston, TX office.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s tax department. This position reports directly to the Assistant Vice President of Finance will have direct interaction with the Chief Financial Officer.
Tax Compliance Responsibilities:
· Prepare/review federal income tax returns.
· Prepare/review multiple state income/franchise tax returns and annual reports.
· Prepare/review federal and state fixed asset data.
· Manage relationship with outside tax consultants for consultation, representation and preparation/review services.
· Manage/participate in the state/federal estimated tax payment process.
· Assist with preparation of international compliance (e.g., forms 5471 and 8858).
· Prepare/review income, VAT and other tax returns for 2 international subsidiaries.
· Prepare/review sales & use tax returns.
· Manage outsourced property tax process.
· Prepare/review unclaimed property returns and participate in remittance process.
· Coordinate and manage compliance and return audits.
Tax Research Responsibilities:
· Research and document federal, state and foreign tax laws including changes or rulings which could impact the Company.
· Interact and communicate effectively with Company personnel to identify and communicate issues impacting federal, state and foreign income, sales & use, franchise, VAT or other taxes.
· Provide data collection and research support on federal and state income tax audits.
· Research and document filing positions for income tax, sales & use and other issues.
· Lead/manage tax consulting projects including involvement of and relationship with outside tax consultants.
Income Tax Accounting Responsibilities:
· Assist with federal, state and foreign income tax financial reporting provision process (actual and budget/forecast).
· Prepare tax provision journal entries and reconcile income tax accounts.
· Prepare/validate deferred tax asset/liability and balances.
· Prepare/validate tax related financial reporting disclosures.
· Maintain concentration and focus in order to meet performance goals.
· React positively to an ongoing, changing environment.
· Demonstrate the ability to handle pressure when attempting to meet deadlines and performance goals.
· Maintain good working relationship with assigned supervisors and coworkers.
· BA/BS Degree in Taxation or Accounting required.
· Masters of Taxation or Accounting preferred.
· 4+ years of experience required.
· CPA preferred.
· Experience with tax compliance and research software.
· A high degree of competency with Microsoft Excel.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong research and analytical skills.
· Ability to work independently with limited oversight.
· Self-starter and motivated.
· A team oriented, customer-centric attitude.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced and continually evolving environment.
Medical, dental and 401(k)
Accrued vacation/sick time
Tuition reimbursement program
Qualified applicants may apply online at: https://career.gcserv.com/PositionDescription/?JobID=1653
GC Services is an equal opportunity employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet