The demand for ChickTech’s programs and services is growing, and ChickTech is growing to meet it! In order to serve the increasing number of ChickTech chapters across the country, ChickTech is hiring four part-time (20 hrs/week) Regional Directors to serve our volunteer-led chapters, providing them mentoring, guidance, assistance, and services so they can be successful.
Regional distribution (cities in bold are existing chapters)
States: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, New York, Boston, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Washington DC + Toronto
States: West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Atlanta, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Houston and Austin, Texas
States: Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Chicago, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma
West – position filled
States: New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Missoula, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, Bay Area, California, Portland and Corvallis, Oregon, Seattle, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii, and Vancouver BC
Support, assist, and guide ChickTech chapters in assigned region
Work with and support other Regional Directors as a cohesive team
Assist with the planning and attend the annual Leadership Summit in Portland
Document and implement new best practices
• Passion about gender equity and the tech industry
• Experience managing volunteers
• Interpersonal communication skills to effectively manage remote teams
• Ability to build strong personal connections with Chapter leadership teams to encourage, empathize, and drive positive action
• Web editing, e-newsletter, and cloud-based shared drive proficiency or similar skills.
• Experience with corporate sponsors to coach chapters to fund raise effectively
• Infrequent and intermittent paid overtime will be required depending on workload
• Ability and desire to learn new technology tools
• Excellent wi-fi connectivity (if working remotely)
• Salesforce proficiency
• Close proximity to a major airport
• Primary residence within the region you serve
All people are welcome to apply. ChickTech is strongly committed to diversity. Please see our inclusion policy (https://chicktech.org/about-us/inclusion-policy/) for more details.
ChickTech Regional Directors report to the ChickTech Program Director. Regional Directors will have regular phone and video check-ins to update the Program Director and other Regional Directors on the status of the chapters in their region in addition to weekly meetings with the entire leadership team. This allows for a sharing of information, advice, and direction on how to move forward. In addition, the calls support a sense of community, a strong connection to the other regions, and a steady stream of support from Headquarters to the chapters.
20 hours per week $25.00/hour