About the Job
W.S Darley and Co. is currently seeking a Texas Area Sales Manager. Ideally this person would be located in the Ft. Bliss area and would be able to work from home as his or her base of operations. Travel outside of the Ft. Bliss area may be 50%. Darley is a 108-year-old family company that supports the fire and rescue market as well as the Department of Defense.
· Interface with key customers in the region within the states of TX, OK, AZ, NM including, but not limited to Army National Guard, Army Reserves, and Active Army Units, as well as other forces.
· Develop relationships with military and government customers at all levels in the military community including: end users, supply, officers, KOs, etc.
· Creatively address customer problems, becoming a true resource and solution provider
· Understand contract/funding methods and assist customers in their use
· Partner with suppliers to provide best products & values to meet customer requirements
· Determine innovative strategies to win business
· Understand and represent Darley products and services and carry out direct sales activities in order to meet company defined quotas
· Update sales plan on a monthly basis for management team
· Generate quotes for customers and assist them in identifying optimal funding vehicles
· Develop working knowledge of contracting vehicles at the post level
· Work with support teams (purchasing, accounting, warehouse, etc.) to ensure that all information is up to date in the system and that orders are delivered in a timely fashion
· Regularly following up on closed sales to ensure delivery and quality were as promised
· Make cold calls, face to face and via telephone prospecting to develop new business
· Monitor and report on market and competitor activities
· Interface with Local Law Enforcement, Federal Law Enforcement, and Fire Fighting agencies as required.
· Committed to providing exceptional customer service
· 2-5 years of experience selling to military or government highly preferred
· Working experience with MS Office suite of products
· Must be able to meet with customers outside under all weather conditions and must be able to travel by car and plane for long distances
· Bachelor’s degree highly preferred, but prior sales & military experience may be substituted
· E-7 or higher in last attainted rank
· MUST be highly organized and able to juggle duties of both inside and outside sales
· Support inside salespersons in quoting and following up with customers.
· Excellent written and oral communication
· Understanding of basic business financial concepts
· Be able to budget own expenses in a cost effective manner
· Able to use customer and prospect contact activities tools (CRM systems) and update relevant information held in these systems as required
· Self-starter a must
· Understanding of government contracts and purchasing vehicles desired
· Prior JD Edwards experience a plus
· Full Time
· Base + Commission: Total Salary is commensurate with experience.
· Comprehensive Benefits Package-Medical, Dental, 401k, vacation and sick benefits, etc.
For more information about the company, check out our websites. www.darley.com | www.edarley.com | www.darleydefense.com
www.ohlerpumps.com | www.odinfoam.com
www.polybilt.com | www.purifiresystems.com
W. S. Darley & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to their race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
If interested in this position, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.